Here's a few ways to spice up your office. Pick two or three
colleagues and agree to play the Office Game which awards points
- Run one lap around the office at top speed.
- Walk sideways to the photocopier.
- Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
- When they're not looking, pour most of someone's fresh cup of
coffee into your mug leaving them with an inch of brew.
- Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
- Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name
and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
-- To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your
ears and grimace.
- While riding an elevator, gasp dramatically every time the
- Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get
all that, I don't want to have to repeat it."
- Double points if you do this to a manager.
- Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
- At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be
nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra
points if you actually launch into it yourself).
- Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you
with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
- For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
- Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "Really have to go
do number two".
- After every sentence, say 'mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent.
As in, "the report's on your desk, mon". Keep this up for at
least one hour.
- While an office mate is out, move their chair into the elevator.
- In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly
and mutter, "Shut up, all of you just shut up!"
- In a colleague's diary, write in; 10:00 a.m. "See how I look in
- Carry your laptop over to your colleague and ask "So, ya wanna
- Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person
"Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now."
- Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't
talk about it"
- Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig, etc.) during a
very important conference call.